Trofie Pesto Genovese Pasta- Recipe
Trofie Pesto Genovese is a classic Northern Italian dish. Sweet, peppery, and herbaceous basil cling to twisted Trofie pasta for a wonderful bite every time.Traditional pesto is made with pine nuts, however we use almonds in this recipe as it is more common in people’s pantries than pine nuts. Store leftover pesto in an airtight container up to a week or freeze in covered ice cube trays up to 6 months and use when making sauce, roasting vegetables, or marinating meat.
..Prep Time: 5 mins- Cook Time: 10 minutes- Total Time: 15 minutes
½ lb Trofie Pasta
1 Pasta Rock
2 cups Basil
2 Garlic Cloves
½ cup Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil
¼ cup Almonds ( Traditional - use Pine Nuts)
½ tsp Peruvian Pink Sea Salt
¼ cup Parmesan
1 Tbsp Sweet Basil Balsamic Vinegar
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil over high heat. Season with 1 pasta rock according to package directions. Add pasta and cook to package directions. Cover pasta and set aside.
- In a small fry pan over medium heat toast almonds until fragrant, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a food processor, blend together basil, garlic, olive oil, almonds, and salt, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl. Pulse in parmesan cheese until combined.
- Toss pasta with pesto and finish with Sweet Basil Balsamic Vinegar.
* ALL HIGHLIGHTED PRODUCTS AVAILABLE @ BROVELLI OILS, VINEGARS & GIFTS