Tomato Rice Soup- Recipe
Regular price $0.00
That being said, Shichimi Togarashi (shee-CHEE-mee toh-gah-RAH-she) is the icing on top of our udon noodle soup . Also called “Japanese 7 Spice,” Shichimi Togarashi has a surprising amount of spiciness from the cayenne and pepper in it, and this punch contrasts the tartness our sauces added.
- 6 Cups Chicken stock
- 6 Cups Dashi broth
- 4oz. Udon noodles, cooked
- 8oz. Baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 16oz. Chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Leek, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger root, minced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 1 Tbsp Mirin
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- ¼ Cup Shichimi Togarashi
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add mushrooms and leeks and coo for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add stocks and bring to a boil. Add chicken, and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Add rice vinegar, mirin, and soy sauce. Adjust if necessary.
- Remove from heat, and pour hot soup over cooked Udon noodles. Top with Shichimi Togarashi as desired, and serve.
Serves: 8 servings
* ALL HIGHLIGHTED ITEMS AVAILABLE @ BROVELLI OILS, VINEGARS & GIFTS
THIS IS YOUR SPECIAL PLACE TO SAVE YOUR FAVORITE ITEMS FOR FUTURE GIFTS THAT YOU WOULD WANT.