Salmon Yakitori - Recipe
Regular price $0.00
Yakitori is typically a main course and is designed to be filling and yet quick to eat, so it is not usually served with sides though something like rice would be a good compliment to this if you were serving it as a dinner. This was a quick, delicious meal and if you really love salmon, this is something you are absolutely going to enjoy. It was extra delicious because we got our salmon from Wild for Salmon,
- 2 Lbs Fresh Salmon, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 Bunch scallions, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 Cup Sake
- 1/2 Cup Mirin
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Ginger root, minced fine
- 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tbsp granulated white sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Soy sauce
- Shichimi Togarashi, for garnish
- 16 12 inch wooden skewers
- Soak skewers in water for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Thread salmon and scallion pieces alternately on the skewers. Double up on the skewers as it will make them much easier to handle on the grill.
- In a small pot, combine the Sake, Mirin, Garlic, Ginger, red pepper flakes, sugar and soy sauces. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, until sauce is reduced by about ¼.
- Brush sauce on skewers, and place on grill. Grill about 2 minutes per side, brushing with the sauce while cooking.
- Serve with Shichimi Togarashi sprinkled on skewers.
Serves: 8 servings*HIGHLIGHTED ITEMS AVAILABLE @ BROVELLI OILS VINEGARS & GIFTS
THIS IS YOUR SPECIAL PLACE TO SAVE YOUR FAVORITE ITEMS FOR FUTURE GIFTS THAT YOU WOULD WANT.