Pineapple Balsamic Glazed Ham- Recipe
Pineapple and ham is a classic combination, and our Pineapple Balsamic Glazed Ham turns it into a holiday-worthy dish. This dish has a perfect balance of flavors that's sure to please every guest at your table.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a sharp knife to score the fatty outer layer of the ham about every 1.5 - 2 inches to create a diamond pattern on the surface of the ham. Insert the cloves into ham at the points of the diamonds.
- Combine the Golden Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar, stock, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place the ham in a baking dish and spread the Dijon mustard in a thin layer evenly over the surface of the ham. Use your hands to pack the brown sugar over the Dijon to create a paste.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar mixture into the bottom of the baking dish, cover tightly with foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and baste the ham with the liquid in the bottom of the roasting pan. Cook uncovered, and continue to baste every 15 minutes. Cook ham until the internal temperature reaches at least 140 degrees and the crust on the ham is a deep mahogany color, adding a few tablespoons of water or stock if the liquid becomes too thick. Allow 1.5 - 2 hours total cooking time for the ham.
- Remove ham from the oven and place on a cutting board. Rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Reserve the juices in the bottom of the baking dish. Season them with salt and pepper, if necessary, and serve with the ham.
THIS IS YOUR SPECIAL PLACE TO SAVE YOUR FAVORITE ITEMS FOR FUTURE GIFTS THAT YOU WOULD WANT.