Buttery Shrimp Scampi- Recipe
Regular price $0.00
Shrimp Scampi is an Italian classic with an American twist. Originally, this dish was made with scampi, which are tiny crustaceans called langoustines. However, the American version swaps the scampi for shrimp, but keeps both in the name of the dish. With this recipe, you can see how easy it is to make shrimp scampi right at home but with a healthy twist!
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cook Time: 20 minutes - Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 Pasta Rock
- 2 Shallots, finely diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 lb Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
Highlighted items@ Brovelli
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add a pasta rock for 2 minutes to salt your water then remove. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain the pasta and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Sauté the shallots and garlic until the shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and seasoning. Add them to the pan and cook until they start to turn pink, 1-2 minutes. Add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cooked pasta into skillet and stir until warm. Finish with remaining tablespoon of olive oil and parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!