Mexican Egg Cups- Recipe
Regular price $0.00
Spice up your day with this Mexican breakfast basket filled with delicious ingredients or enjoy as an appetizer at supper time.
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 20 minutes - Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 12 Corn Flour Tortillas or Bacon
- 4 Tbsp Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Potato, julienned
- 2 Fresh Sausage Links
- 1 can Black Beans
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Smoked Chili Rub
- 12 Eggs
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Diced Green Chilies
- Hanks Hot Sauce, Dashes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with 3 Tbsp of the Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil and arrange individually into muffin cups.
- In a sauté pan, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil. Add the julienned potato and the sausage. Crumble the sausage as it cooks. Cook until the potato is tender and the sausage is cooked throughout.
- Add the black beans and Sweet Smoked Chili Rub. Taste for seasoning and salt and pepper as needed.
- Spoon the sausage mixture into the tortilla baskets filling only halfway. Crack an egg into each basket.
- Place the muffin pan into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, top with cheese, and return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the sour cream and diced green chilies. Spoon the chili cream atop each basket and enjoy!
THIS IS YOUR SPECIAL PLACE TO SAVE YOUR FAVORITE ITEMS FOR FUTURE GIFTS THAT YOU WOULD WANT.