Eggplant, Tomato, Mozzarella Stacks- Recipe
Regular price $0.00
Great flavors that veggie lovers will enjoy! Finished with a mouthwatering Olive Tapenade spread and garnished with sweet basil balsamic.
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Cook Time: 40 minutes - Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 4-6 People
- ¼ cup Olive Tapenade Dried Herb
- 1 tsp Dark Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 1 Tbsp Il Cavallino Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Panko Breadsticks
- 1 Large Eggplant, sliced ¼” thick
- 2 Large Eggs, beaten
- 2 Large Tomatoes, sliced ¼” thick
- 8 ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano Cheese, divided
- Sweet Basil Balsamic drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 375℉.
- Prepare Olive Tapenade with ¼ cup hot water, dark balsamic vinegar, olive oil and set aside.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with dipper and set aside.
- Soak each eggplant slice in the beaten eggs and dredge in breadcrumb mixture until each side is coated.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in pan, once hot add eggplant slices and fry for 1-2 minutes until each side is coated.
- Arrange eggplant on a baking sheet or dish. Layer eggplant with one slice of mozzarella cheese and top with a tomato slice. Sprinkle with Parmesan or Romano cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 40 min.
- Remove foil and spoon Olive Tapenade over the top of each eggplant. Bake, uncovered, 5 min.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and drizzle with sweet basil.
* ALL HIGHLIGHTED ITEMS @ BROVELLI OILS, VINEGARS & GIFTS
THIS IS YOUR SPECIAL PLACE TO SAVE YOUR FAVORITE ITEMS FOR FUTURE GIFTS THAT YOU WOULD WANT.