Caramelized Garlic, Onion & Rosemary Crostini- Recipe
Regular price $0.00
Caramelized onions are a great way to add sweetness to lots of dishes. Use this technique for a number of other recipes including French Onion Soup or simply follow this “deconstructed” French onion crostini for a beautiful appetizer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cook Time: 80 minutes - Total Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 3 Onions, cut into 1/2 rings or petals
- 1 tsp Sel Gris Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Mediterranean Rub
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Spanish Reserva Sherry Vinegar
1 crusty Italian Baguette
- 3 Tbsp Wild Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1/2 fresh Mozzarella cheese
Highlighted Items Sold at Brovelli
- In a large sauté pan, heat the Avocado Oil over medium heat. Add the onions, Sel Gris, sugar, and Mediterranean Rub.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, as the onions slowly caramelize and reduce, about 50-60 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the wine to deglaze the pan. Stir in the Sherry Vinegar. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the baguette into ¼” slices and arrange on a baking sheet. Drizzle with Rosemary Olive Oil and bake until light brown in color, about 10 minutes.
- Top each of the baguette slices with mozzarella cheese, caramelized onions, and a pinch of Mediterranean Rub. Return to the oven until the cheese is melted and golden in color, about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
THIS IS YOUR SPECIAL PLACE TO SAVE YOUR FAVORITE ITEMS FOR FUTURE GIFTS THAT YOU WOULD WANT.