Caramelized Onion & Fontina Savory Tart- Recipe
Sweet caramelized onions, tangy melty fontina cheese, and buttery flaky pie crust make the perfect savory tart. Impress company with this simple dish packed full of flavor. Pair with prosciutto or salami, fresh seasonal fruit, and your favorite wine.
...Prep Time: 10-15 mins- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
2 Medium Vidalia Onions, cut into ⅛” petals
3 Tbsp. Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil, divided
1 Refrigerated Pie Dough
1 tsp Herb & Garlic Dipper
4 oz. Shredded Fontina Cheese
2 tsp. Sweet Basil Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 500F. Use a pizza stone or a cookie sheet upside down and preheat with the oven.
- Roll pizza dough out on parchment paper or a floured surface until the crust is about ½” thick.
- Mix Black Truffle Olive Oil, garlic, and Herb & Garlic Dipper and spread over pizza dough. Top with parmesan and mozzarella. Drizzle with Black Truffle Olive Oil.
- Set pizza on a preheated pizza stone or cookie sheet and bake until the crust is crisp and cheese is melted, about 10-11 minutes.
- Top with Sweet Basil Balsamic Vinegar