Shichimi Roasted Short Ribs - Recipe
Regular price $0.00
Ribs are by far one of my favorite special occasion meals. I live for the days of visiting family in the Carolina's, sitting in the sun and digging my teeth into ribs that are about to fall off the bone (or cooking ribs in the oven when the temperature is below 0). We used Shichimi Togarashi on our ribs because it has a bit of a quick hitting heat that fades quickly.Savory with hints of citrus and earthiness.
- 2 Lbs beef short ribs
- 3 Tbsp. Meyer Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp.Wild Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons Shichimi Togarashi
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place ribs in a baking dish and season with 1 Tablespoon of Shichimi Togarashi
- Arrange lemon & rosemary marinade on top of the ribs.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove ribs from the oven and let rest, covered for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Transfer ribs to a platter.
- Pour juices into a measuring cup and add enough water to bring liquid to 1 cup.
- In a saucepan add reserved juices, minced garlic and remaining Shichimi Togarashi and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk cornstarch and 1 Tablespoon water in a small bowl and add to the saucepan.
- Continue cooking until sauce starts to thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Serve with sauce poured over the top of the ribs
*HIGHLIGHTED ITEMS AVAILABLE @ BROVELLI OILS VINEGARS & GIFTS
THIS IS YOUR SPECIAL PLACE TO SAVE YOUR FAVORITE ITEMS FOR FUTURE GIFTS THAT YOU WOULD WANT.