Eggplant Parmesan- Recipe
A classic dish that can be made at home. Enjoy crunchy breaded eggplant, tangy and bright tomato sauce, and creamy mozzarella cheese. A perfect Sunday dish to make with family or friends.
3 Small Eggplants, cut in ¼” pieces.
2 Tbsp. .Roasted Garlic Salt, divided
2 cups Panko Bread Crumb
5 Tbsp. Miscuglio Dried Italian Herb Blend, divided
2 Eggs plus 2 Egg Yolks
2 Tbsp. Black Truffle Olive Oil
28oz Pureed Tomatoes
2 Tbsp. Sweet Basil Balsamic Vinegar, plus more to finish
12 oz. Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup finely-grated Parmesan Cheese, plus more to serve
½ cup Fresh Basil Leaves, Chiffonade
- Cover a baking sheet with towels. Cut eggplant into ¼” slices and add to the tray in a single layer. Sprinkle eggplant with 1 tbsp. salt. Let eggplant sit for 30 minutes up to 2 hours to sweat. Dry thoroughly with towels by dabbing the eggplant and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 425F. Add panko to a baking sheet and cook until toasted and slightly golden- about 6 minutes. Add panko to a shallow bowl and toss with 1 Tbsp. Misculgio.
- In a shallot bowl beat together, eggs, truffle oil, and 1 tsp Black Truffle Sea Salt.
- Dip eggplant into egg mixture, then panko and set in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake eggplant in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
- In a bowl combine tomatoes, Miscuglio,1 tbsp Roasted Garlic Sea Salt, and Sweet Basil Balsamic Vinegar.
- In a 9x9 baking dish assemble eggplant parmesan. Add ¼ of sauce to the bottom of the pan then layer eggplant, cutting pieces to fill gaps if needed. Add 1 cup of sauce, then layer with Mozzarella. Repeat by layering eggplant, sauce, and cheese. Top with ¼ cup parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes uncovered. Top with more parmesan, fresh basil, and balsamic vinegar. Serve warm!