Rustica Tomato Lentil Pasta - Recipe
- 5 cups water
- 3/4 cup lentils
- 3 tablespoons Caramelized Garlic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped canned plum tomatoes, with some juice
- 2 teaspoons Habanero Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Miscuglio Herb Blend
- 1 -Himalayan Salt Rock
- 1/2 pound vermicelli or capellini, or small tubular pasta
- 2 rounded tablespoons finely cut or snipped basil;
- Optional: Caramelized Garlic olive oil and Miscuglio Herb Blend or Vero Cruz Olive oil for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a rolling boil, salt rock for 1 minute. Then add the lentils, and cook, covered over medium-high heat, until nearly but not entirely tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Add the garlic olive oil, the tomatoes, the sea salt, and the rainbow pepper. Reduce the heat, cover, and continue to simmer briskly for another 10 minutes, stirring a few times. Add the drained lentils to sauce when cooked.
3. In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a rolling boil, salt rock for 1 minute.Add pasta. Cook until the pasta at least halfway in plenty of salted boiling water. Remove the pasta from water add it to the lentil sauce, and simmer to finish cooking the pasta.
4. When pasta is cooked to taste, remove the pot from the heat, Stir in Miscuglio .cover the pot, and let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
5. Serve hot, Garnish with Basil and other optional ingredients drizzling on top.
* ALL HIGHLIGHTED ITEMS ARE BROVELLI STORE PRODUCTS*
THIS IS YOUR SPECIAL PLACE TO SAVE YOUR FAVORITE ITEMS FOR FUTURE GIFTS THAT YOU WOULD WANT.