Jeanne's Zeppole ( Donut holes)- Recipe
Regular price $0.00
For 2 Dozen(s)
- 10 ounces whole milk Fresh Artisan Ricotta
- 1 large eggs
- 1/4 Infused Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zest only
- 3 tablespoons Sugar and Spice dipper, plus more for rolling the zeppole
- 1 1/2 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla bean sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Traditional olive oil for frying
- 2 tsp. Meyer Lemon Balsamic Vinegar, for rolling
In a large mixing bowl whisk together the ricotta, eggs, Olive Oil, vanilla, orange zest and sugar until smooth.
Whisk in the flour, salt and finally the baking powder until you have a smooth batter. Set aside.
Put a 5 quart heavy bottomed stock pot over a high flame and heat about 3 inches of oil. You want your oil to be just under 350 degrees, you can use a thermometer if you like.
Fill a small glass or bowl with some oil as well
As soon as the oil is hot dip a small ice cream scoop in the glass of oil first and then begin dropping scoops of batter into the hot oil. Fry in batches until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes each. Transfer to small pan and toss a couple at a time,on medium heat in Balsamic vinegar then transfer to bowl with sugar and spice dipper to coat .Serve warm.
- *HIGHLIGHTED ITEMS AVAILABLE @ BROVELLI OILS VINEGARS & GIFTS
THIS IS YOUR SPECIAL PLACE TO SAVE YOUR FAVORITE ITEMS FOR FUTURE GIFTS THAT YOU WOULD WANT.